Financial Services Consulting
Lennart Wahlquist has over 32 years of experience in the financial services industry. He served as co-founder and President of a wholesale mortgage entity and Senior Vice President of lending for a Texas Savings and Loan. For the past seven years, Lennart has been a consultant to various banks; performing loan reviews, portfolio analysis, loan valuations, loan workouts, and loan sales. Several consulting assignments were through contracts with the FDIC.
Mr. Wahlquist is available through direct contracts to offer assistance to financial institutions on an hourly basis. He is also available for contract positions via Receivership Assistance Contractors approved by the FDIC.
Receivership and Subsidiary Asset Management Consulting
- Oversight and management of servicing department for mortgage subsidiary of failed bank
- Portfolio analysis and servicing rights evaluation
- Risk analysis and underwriting of retained portfolio, and of portfolios serviced for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Loan sale coordinator on behalf of FDIC with 3rd party purchaser
- Loan sale portfolio analysis and stratification
- Management of Servicing Conversions within regulatory and industry standards; including transfer planning, reporting, data transfers, and loan boarding. Management of collection activity, construction loans, asset identification and allocation by type and ownership
- Oversight of HAMP and other loan modification programs
- Loan review and audit
- Asset evaluations and risk management including environmental assessments
- Knowledge of the residential real estate industry, asset valuation methodology, business operations, credit and operations policy
- Compliance reviews of portfolio performance
- Litigation coordination
- Oversight management of the following servicing departments: tax and insurance departments, pay-offs, discharges, investor accounting, posting / reconciliation of Fannie Mae cash sales and MBS pools
- Experienced Case writing trainer
FDIC & Assuming Bank Loss Share Consulting Services
- Appraisal analysis, due diligence, OREO management, real estate sales.
- Oversight and training of retained bank staff.
- File maintenance and audit prep.
- Liaison between acquiring bank and all litigation matters, including motions, lawsuits, deficiency judgments, bankruptcies, settlement agreements, forbearance agreements, and assignments.
Community Bank Consulting
- Annual loan reviews
- Portfolio analysis
- Underwriting and Credit Policy review
- Credit concentrations review based on Risk Based Capital
- Evaluation of Risk Rating Systems
- Evaluation of Adversely Classified loans and non-accrual
- Loan policy and adherence to policy
- Identification of technical exceptions
- Evaluation of Bank Loan Administration
For an in depth resume of consulting services please email Lennart Wahlquist at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 713-253-5664.